Sunday, June 15, 2008

mas sketches

Here are some sketches I did when our class went out and sketched in different places.

_________________________________________



This first one was pretty successful, speaking of the profile of the man and not so much of my wife reading. I was working furiously quick to get the man down because I didn't know how long he was going to be stay in that position. However with my wife I took my time and tried some brush pen rendering. Didn't turn out as well as I'd hope.

_________________________________________



These next pages aren't my best but I'd like to post it so everybody can see what I'm putting down 90% of the time. Why aren't they good you ask? I think because I was too concerned with the individual parts than the overall attitude and gesture.

_________________________________________



For these pages we headed down to the dance studios and watched some dancers practice. There were a lot of fun poses and gestures but the trick was that they were held for a fraction of second. This is where memory and imagination came into play. As you can see, I still need to work on my memory and imagination.

_________________________________________



These were ballet dancers we were drawing from, but I was mainly concentrating on the only guy in the group because he had some strong gestures and plus, it's not everyday you get to see a guy doing ballet. I also tried to capture one of the ballerina's (if that's what you call them??) head (bottom head) because she had very roundish features that were interesting, but alas, I ended up giving her a large forehead and a face that slimmed down to the chin.

Also, mixed in there is a couple and a guy I observed in church.

No comments: